Almost everyone has pockets of fat that won’t go away, no matter what they do. Even if you work out every day and eat healthy food, the pouch on your lower stomach or the part of your thighs that rubs together won’t go away.
It’s also possible that you’ve already lost a lot of weight and are now carrying extra skin that reminds you of your past. You might hide it by tucking it into your pants or wearing certain clothes. In either of these cases, the answer is body contouring.
Today, Halina Spa + Medical Rejuvenation will help you find the ideal skincare routine solution. Check out how we can help you get the best aesthetic goals for yourself!
What is Body Contouring?
Body contouring shapes and defines the body by removing extra fat and skin to give you the form you’ve always wanted. Body contouring is a long process from the first consultation to the final result.
Each stage is a step toward a new life without the extra fat or skin making you feel bad about yourself, frustrated, and in pain. But before you start, you’ll need to figure out which body contouring method will work best for you and if you’re a good candidate.
At times, body contouring is also called body sculpting. It could involve steps to:
- Get rid of extra skin.
- Eliminate excess fat.
- Change the area’s shape or outline.
Most of the time, body contouring does not help you lose weight. Instead, it helps shape the body and takes care of specific areas where weight loss doesn’t work or where there is extra skin after a lot of weight loss.
Body Contouring at Halina Spa + Medical Rejuvenation
Cryoskin is painless and uses science that works with your body’s systems to tone and tighten your skin naturally while reducing fat. It’s not another massage, cream, or scrub. Cryoskin is a biological process that has been proven to work.
Our Cryo Skin Treatment
Our Cryo Skin Treatment is the most advanced and flexible anti-aging device on the market. It removes localized fat without pain, reduces the look of cellulite, tones and tightens the skin, and tones and tightens the muscles.
Why Do People Consider Body Contouring?
People get body contouring to look and feel thinner or get a particular body shape. It is often used on specific body parts when diet and exercise don’t help. You can also take extra skin off through surgery to make the skin look smoother and younger.
People who have a lot of extra skin after losing a lot of weight can get help from these kinds of procedures. It can also help with the loose, sagging, or wrinkled skin that comes with age. You can change most parts of the body with body contouring. Some common sites are:
- Chest and sides (love handles).
- Chin and neck.
Who Should Consider Body Contouring?
Your weight should have been stable for six to twelve months, and you shouldn’t be trying to lose more. Even though these methods get rid of fat tissue, fat cells remain.
This means that fat cells can still expand and contract, which can cancel out the results of your surgery. The patient should also be in good health all around. Chronic health problems can make you more likely to have problems during surgery.
Either the candidate doesn’t smoke, or they quit six weeks before and after surgery. The expectations also need to be reasonable. Talk about the procedure, how long it will take you to recover, and what results in you can expect to get your best look.
What Happens After Body Contouring?
Even after surgery, most people go home on the same day. Someone should drive you home after surgery and stay with you the first night.
You may also have a thin tube near one or more of your cuts to drain fluid and keep you from getting swollen. Your surgical team will tell you what to do after the surgery. Some of them might be:
- Changing the bandages and taking care of the drains.
- Trying not to do too much but walking around to avoid blood clots.
- Reporting any problems—these will be talked about before the surgery.
- Not being in the sun.
- Using medicines (like creams or pills) to relieve pain or stop an infection.
- You’ll leave the office or clinic immediately for body sculpting that doesn’t involve surgery. You usually won’t need a ride home and can continue your day as usual.
The Best Advantages For Body Contouring
While there is a massive advantage of body contouring, a lot of people say that these are its best benefits:
- Better-shaped body parts that stand out.
- Looks younger and slimmer.
- Smoother skin.
- Symptoms are getting better.
- The effects of surgery are more prominent and can be seen right away. With non-surgical options, you might not see a difference for a few weeks or months.
Risk & Side Effects
All procedures have some risks, though they aren’t prevalent. Some of the risks are:
- Asymmetry means that neither side looks the same.
- It is bleeding or a clot in the blood.
- Problems with the anesthesia.
- Nerves, blood vessels, muscles, and organs can all be hurt.
- Hair loss around the cuts.
- A hematoma is a blood pocket under the skin that may need to be drained.
- Cuts that don’t heal the right way.
Other Ways For Reshaping The Body
Lipolysis is a way to shape your body without surgery. But there are several ways to get rid of fat:
- Cryolipolysis (like CoolSculpting®) kills fat cells by putting them in a frigid environment.
- For injection lipolysis, deoxycholic acid is put into the body to break down fat cells.
- Laser lipolysis uses lasers to destroy fat cells (for example, Zerona®).
- Radiofrequency lipolysis (such as truSculpt®) targets fat cells with ultrasound waves and heat.
Some options for surgical body shaping are also:
- Lifts and tucks are surgeries that get rid of extra fat and skin. A tummy tuck (abdominoplasty), a facelift (rhytidectomy), a breast lift (mastopexy), and surgery to fix a double chin are all examples.
- Liposuction: Liposuction (lipo) suctions out fat deposits.
Schedule Your Consultation Today
Please book an appointment with us online or contact us at your convenience! We hope to see you here in our clinic!